Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake
This copy cat Olive Garden recipe is even better than the original. Rich and creamy, it will have your mouth watering and satisfy your craving for something sweet!
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegtable oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 slices of lemon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups lemon pie filling
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from restaurant.recipes-network.net
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup sugar. Add oil, egg yolks, water and lemon rind. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until peaks form. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, and beat until very stiff and shiny peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Turn batter into ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert cake and cool completely in pan. When cool, loosen edges and shake pan to remove cake.
Beat cream to stiff peaks. Fold in lemon filling. Chill until stiff.
Slice cake horizontally into 3 equal layers. Fill layers with 1/3 cup of filling. Spread remaining filling on top layer. Decorate with lemon slices.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Meatballs &... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Raspberry Crumb Bars 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Root Beer Bourbon Sauce for Sweet... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Buffalo Pierogies 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Grandma's Soft Italian Wedding... 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- North Carolina Lemon Pie 3.8/5 (162 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Squares 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Praline Bars 4.7/5 (23 Votes)