Apple, Sage, & Sausage Stuffing
Apple and sausage stuffing is a great dish in the fall season. You can also make this for your Thanksgiving dinner!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 pork sausages, casings removed
- 3 McIntosh apples, or other tart red apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 loaf white bread, crust cut off, cut into 1⁄2" cubes and toasted (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oven to 375°F.
Melt butter in a 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook until soft, 15 minutes. Add sausage and cook, using a wooden spoon to break into small pieces, until browned, 5 minutes. Add apples and continue cooking until soft, 5 to 7 minutes more. Stir in bread crumbs and sage; add chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
Stuff into turkey cavity; place remaining stuffing in a baking dish and bake until golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Marjorie's Apple Cake 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Dry Rubbed Flank Steak with... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Grown Up Sloppy Joes with Ground... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- BEEFMAN CHILI POWDER 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Nachos 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Guinness-Glazed Halibut 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Kale & Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Mashed Acorn Squash with Apples 4.3/5 (7 Votes)