Apple, Sage, & Sausage Stuffing
Apple and sausage stuffing is a great dish in the fall season. You can also make this for your Thanksgiving dinner!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 pork sausages, casings removed
- 3 McIntosh apples, or other tart red apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 loaf white bread, crust cut off, cut into 1⁄2" cubes and toasted (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oven to 375°F.
Melt butter in a 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook until soft, 15 minutes. Add sausage and cook, using a wooden spoon to break into small pieces, until browned, 5 minutes. Add apples and continue cooking until soft, 5 to 7 minutes more. Stir in bread crumbs and sage; add chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
Stuff into turkey cavity; place remaining stuffing in a baking dish and bake until golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)