Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake is made with tofu and oats, in a cookie crumb crust. Serve with a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
- COOKIE CRUST:
- 1 3/4 cups cookie crumbs, ginger cookies work well; gluten-free optional
- 1/4 cup dairy-free buttery spread, melted
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 14 to 16 ounces firm regular tofu
- 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 ⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- COOKIE TOPPING:
- 3 tablespoons cookie crumbs, gluten-free optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 230mins
Adapted from godairyfree.org
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Liberally grease a 10-inch round springform pan.
To make the crust, put the cookie crumbs and the melted buttery spread in a medium-sized bowl and mix with a fork until well combined.
Pat the crumbs firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
To make the filling, put the rolled oats in a blender and process into coarse crumbs. Add the tofu, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and allspice and process until smooth and creamy.
Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes, then carefully run a table knife around the perimeter of the cake to ensure it does not stick to the side of the pan.
Sprinkle the cookie topping evenly over the top of the cake, and gently pressing them into the top, so the crumbs adhere.
Release the side of the springform pan to unmold. Cover the cake very loosely and refrigerate 3 to 24 hours before serving. Covered leftover vegan cheesecake tightly and store in the refrigerator; will keep for about 2 days.
You'll also love
- Potato-Leek Soup with Mini Pierogi 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- 4 Ingredient Chicken Bake 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Drunken Cherry Chocolate Cake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Hanger Steak & Bacon Sandwich With... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoky Bacon BBQ Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Farmer's Fridge Mediterranean... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate-Cinnamon Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Popcorn Toffee Crack Bars 4.5/5 (11 Votes)