Popcorn Toffee Crack Bars
These popcorn toffee crack bars are a deliciously unique treat! Make them a few days ahead for a stress-free dessert option!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 15 graham crackers
- 4 cups popped popcorn (from 1/4 cup kernels)
- 1 cup salted, roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (optional)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips, chopped (about 6-ounces)
- Flaky sea salt (for serving)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer on baking sheet, breaking to fit as needed to cover entire surface. Top with popcorn, peanuts, and puffed rice.
Bring butter, sugar, and Aleppo pepper, if using, to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high. Once boiling, stir once, then reduce heat and simmer, swirling occasionally, until mixture is golden brown and syrupy, 8–10 minutes.
Pour toffee mixture evenly over graham crackers and popcorn mixture. Bake until toffee is slightly darkened in color (the shade of a brown paper bag) and bubbling, 10–12 minutes. Remove from oven and evenly top with chocolate and sprinkle with salt. Let cool in baking sheet before breaking into pieces.
Do ahead: Bars can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Spinach Salad with Garlic Dressing 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Molasses Pie 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Apple Raisin Crisp 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek Zucchini Fritters... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Snowman Mini Donuts 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Rosemary Marinated Ribeye Steaks... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)