Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas
These crunchy, pumpkin-y roasted chickpeas are so addicting, they won't even make it off the pan before you've devoured them! A perfect afternoon or movie-time snack.
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from mywholefoodlife.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place the chickpeas in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin, maple syrup, spices and salt. Stir well.
Pour the pumpkin mixture over the chickpeas and mix until everything is well coated.
Spread the chickpeas onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake for about 60 minutes, stopping every 15 minutes to shake the chickpeas around.
If you have leftovers, store in a container with rice scattered on the bottom. The rice will help absorb the moisture and keep the chickpeas crunchy. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Crab Rangoon Dip 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Swirled... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Zucchini Tots 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Heirloom Tomato Tart with Ricotta... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Peach Melba Jam (Peaches &... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Zucchini & Tomato Frittata 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Curried Veggie Noodle and Chickpea... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)