Heirloom Tomato Tart with Ricotta and Basil
This Heirloom Tomato Tart with Ricotta and Basil gets to the spirit of summer. We love this light, satisfying tart that lets tomatoes and ricotta shine.
- 1 (14-ounce) sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 to 5 heirloom tomatoes, of various sizes and colors
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil, julienned
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from delish.com
Preheat oven to 400°F and cover baking sheet with parchment paper. On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 9x13-inch rectangle. Transfer puff pastry to baking sheet and prick with fork. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool completely on cooling rack.
Thinly slice tomatoes and lay out on paper towels to absorb some liquid. Lay paper towels on top, and gently press to absorb additional moisture.
In medium bowl, stir together ricotta and olive oil until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread ricotta mixture over cooled puff pastry, leaving 1/2-inch border on edges. Arrange tomatoes on top (varying color and size) and sprinkle with basil. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
Cut into 6 squares.
You'll also love
- Easy Peach Dump Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Peach Melba Jam (Peaches &... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Radish, Orange & Goat Cheese Salad 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Fried Green Tomato BLT 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe