Pigs in a Cornfield
Pigs in a Cornfield is a hearty soup can be cooked in the oven or over coals while camping. It's so easy and filling.
- Sliced jarred jalapenos to taste
- Family size bag of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 pound pork steaks, trimmed and cut into serving sizes
- 2 packages Kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1/2 pound ground mild sausage, uncooked and broken into small chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 large russet potatoes, diced
- 1 can creamy poblano and queso soup or Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 1 can garlic mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Black pepper
- Tony C’s seasoning
- Chipotle seasoning
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 165mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Oil the inside of your Dutch oven. Smear onion soup in bottom of pan. Add sliced potatoes in a layer. Layer sliced onions on top of potatoes. Spread cheese soup, then spread sliced sausage on top. Add chunks of mild sausage, then jalapeños, then corn. Sprinkle seasonings. Spread garlic mushroom soup and put pork steak on top of soup. Top with cream of chicken soup.
Cook in the oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, flipping steak halfway through.
If cooking outdoors, use 8 briquettes on the bottom and 16 on the top, heat to 350°F. Change coal after 1 hour and flip the pork steaks with tongs. Cook 1 more hour and serve.
You'll also love
- Deluxe Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Ground Beef Casserole 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Tri-Layered Vegetable Kugel 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Chorizo and Pea Risotto 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pernil Pork 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Fresh Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Homemade Bacon Gravy 4.7/5 (20 Votes)