Dixie Stampede Cream Of Vegetable Soup
Try this creamy vegetable soup for a hearty and satisfying meal! Customize the recipe with your favorite chopped veggies or go with whatever is fresh at the market.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup cooked vegetables, finely chopped: potatoes, corn, green beans, lima beans, onion, carrots
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from grouprecipes.com
In a 3-quart sauce pot, melt margarine. Add onion powder, garlic powder and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute.
Stir in flour. Add white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.
Add half-and-half. Simmer until desired consistency, stirring constantly. Do not allow the soup to come to a boil.
Garnish soup with chopped parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Bruschetta 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut... 4.2/5 (67 Votes)
- Fireside Beef Stew with Squash 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pinto Beans and Ground Beef Stew 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- One-Pot Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Mom's Vegetable Soup with Ham Bone 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Crock Pot Minestrone Soup 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Potato-Leek Soup with Mini Pierogi 4.5/5 (12 Votes)