Brunch Egg and Sausage Soft Tacos
- 10 large eggs
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped, or to taste)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (or use 1/4 cup 18% table cream)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded old cheddar cheese (can use more or less)
- 1 lb pork sausage (casings removed, can use more or less)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- sour cream (any amount desired)
- prepared salsa (any amount desired)
Adapted from food.com
Cook the sausage meat with green onions in a skillet until browned; drain fat and transfer to a bowl; set aside.
In a bowl mix/whisk together the eggs with jalapeno pepper, whipping cream, salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium heat; add in the egg mixture; cook without stirring until the eggs begin to set on the bottom.
When the eggs start to set sprinkle the cream cheese cubes over the egg mixture.
Place a spatula across the bottom of the skillet to lift the eggs so that the uncooked will flow underneath; cook until eggs are set but not overcooked.
Divide and sprinkle about HALF of the shredded cheddar cheese onto each tortilla.
Divide and top with the egg mixture, then cooked sausage meat.
Then sprinkle with the remaining half of the grated cheddar cheese.
Fold tortillas over the filling.
If desired you can place the tortillas on a baking sheet, cover loosley with foil, then warm slightly in oven.
Serve with sour cream and salsa.