Tautog Baked in Herbed Butter
Tautog, or blackfish, is often called the poor man's lobster. It is one of the best fish for chowders and is equally good baked or grilled. Serve this Tautog Baked in Herbed Butter recipe with a side of warm rice, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, or even a lightly dressed side salad for a lighter dinner option.
- 1 pound fresh Tautog or blackfish fillet
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried
- dash cayenne pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- 1/4 cup salt, plus more to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Place fish in salt water brine (4 cups of water mixed with 1/4 cup of salt) and let it soak for 30 minutes. Wash well, then rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a small saucepan melt butter or margarine and stir in lemon juice, parsley, chives, dill, and cayenne, and salt lightly to taste.
Cut fillets into serving size pieces and place it in a lightly oiled baking dish. Pour butter and herb mixture over fillets. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered for about 8 to 10 minutes or until fish begins to flake.
Transfer fish to a warm serving platter. Boil pan juices until reduced to about 1/4 cup and pour over warm fish. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Yuletide Layer Bars 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Buttermilk Brined Cornish Hens 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Mediterranean Baked Fish 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Two-Toned Shredded Potatoes 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Blackened Tilapia with Secret Hobo... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Caribbean Coconut Fish 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mediterranean Poached Fish 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- No Bake Munchkins / Chocolate... 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Radish Tea Sandwiches with Creamy... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- LLEMON CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS AND... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Cranberry Millionaire Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp and Scallop Paella 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Things You Didn't Know You Could... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Country Scalloped Potatoes 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Asian-Style Alaska Pollock 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pan-Grilled Halibut with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Amish Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Reese's Peanut Butter Fudge 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mac n Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Champagne-Poached Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FUDGY OAT BROWNIES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cod with Garlic Butter (Alfred... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffing - Crock Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Mustard Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Weakfish Roasted With Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Stuffing Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)