Lemon Chicken & Spaghetti Squash
- For the sauce:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces baby spinach
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from buzzfeed.com
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F/200˚C.
2. Poke several holes into the spaghetti squash. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
3. Cut squash in half along the holes. Remove seeds with a spoon. Drizzle squash with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place squash upside down on baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft. Let cool.
5. Using a skillet, cook the chicken breast on medium-high heat with a little olive oil for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
6. Sauté onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes. Cook until onions are translucent.
7. Add lemon juice and chicken broth, and cook until the liquid partially reduces, about 20 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Using a fork, shred the inside of the squash.
9. Pour sauce over the squash. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken Soup 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken and Sweet Potato... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Salad with Lemon Thyme... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemongrass Glazed Tuna on Grilled... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash and Broccoli 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Gorgonzola,... 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken & Mushrooms - Low... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)