- 12 large sea scallops
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar, spread on a flat plate
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Juice of one lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped flat parsley
- 8 chives
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
Adapted from annies-eats.com
Rinse and dry the scallops well. Season both sides of the scallops with salt and pepper.
Heat a skillet on medium-high for 2 minutes. Add the clarified butter and swirl to coat the pan. When the butter begins to foam, prepare the scallops quickly. Working efficiently, coat one side of each scallop in sugar, grasping the sides and using a gentle twisting motion to help the sugar adhere. Place the scallops sugar side down in the skillet and sauté for 2½ minutes. If the sugar starts to brown too quickly, reduce the heat. Flip the scallops over and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan and reduce by half, about 1½ minutes. Transfer the scallops to a platter or serving dishes. Pour the pan juices over the top and garnish with chopped parsley, chives and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cheesecake Morning Buns 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Bombs 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Sweet & Crunchy Tuna Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Campfire Trout (Dinner Cooked in... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Squid Ink Giant Raviolo 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Candy's Fabulous Crab Cakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti With Spicy Scallop... 4.4/5 (45 Votes)