Slow Cooker Thai Chicken -- Weight Watchers
Slow and low that is the Thai Chicken tempo! Prep this in the morning and dinner will just about be ready when you get home. A perfect weeknight meal the whole family will be thanking you for.
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 8 PointsPlus per serving.
- 13 1/2 ounces light coconut milk
- 7 teaspoons Thai curry paste, red variety, divided (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 head (large) uncooked cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 pound uncooked potatoes, peeled, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 medium uncooked carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked chicken breasts, boneless skinless (6, 4 ounce pieces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 3 medium uncooked scallions, sliced
- 1 medium fresh lime, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, salted, chopped
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 360mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
In a 4x6 quart slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, 4 teaspoons curry paste and salt until blended. Add cauliflower, potatoes, pepper and carrots; toss to mix and coat.
Rub 2 teaspoons curry paste all over chicken; place chicken on top of vegetable mixture. Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW setting until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 5 to 6 hours.
Remove chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces (or shred using two forks); set aside.
Stir peanut butter and remaining 1 teaspoon curry paste into slow cooker until blended. Add chicken back to slow cooker with cilantro and scallions; gently stir to coat. Spoon onto plates or into bowls and serve with lime wedges; sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon peanuts. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Make sure to cut the cauliflower, carrots and potatoes into similar-size small pieces so they cook through in a similar amount of time. Season to taste with salt and fresh lime juice before serving, if desired. For a spicier kick, serve with sriracha sauce on the side.