Strawberry Soufflé Pancakes
This recipe for Strawberry Soufflé Pancake treats are a delicious cross between a muffin, a pancake, and a soufflé. Filled with the sweet flavors of fresh strawberries, Gran Marnier, and rich butter mix together to make a light, fluffy, and scrumptious gigantic pancake that can serve your best brunch and breakfast buddies.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from thatsmyhome.com
in a bowl, beat two of the egg yolks with the half-and-half. Reserve the third yolk for later use. Add the flour, slowly stirring until just combined. Add the sugar, salt, melted butter and Grand Marnier and mix well.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
Heat a lightly greased 8-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, or heavy cast-iron skillet with butter, over moderately high heat or until butter bubbles.
Pour the batter into the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until bottom of the pancake is browned and bubbles appear around the edges, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
Add the berries gently on top of the batter. Place the pan 4 to 5 inches below the broiler and cook until the top of the pancake is brown and the center is just set but still soft.
Now place the pan in a 450°F oven for 4 to 5 minutes to finish cooking.
Gently slide the pancake onto a warmed serving platter, dust with powdered sugar and whisk it to the table. Serve with more sliced strawberries and raspberries.
Note: You can use any type of berries you'd like in this recipe.
You'll also love
- Spinach Dip (a.k.a. J Alexanders) 3.7/5 (331 Votes)
- Fried Mashed Potato Sticks 4.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Ham 4.3/5 (135 Votes)
- Christmas Style Pretzel M&M Hugs 4.3/5 (150 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken Casserole 4.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Bites 4.4/5 (137 Votes)
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches 3.9/5 (213 Votes)
- Lemon-Yogurt Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (125 Votes)