Sweet Potato Chips with Caramelized Onion Dip
- 31/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 11/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes
1.In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes more; let cool.
2.In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and vinegar. Stir in the onion mixture and chives; season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
3.Heat the remaining oil in a medium, deep skillet fitted with a deep-frying thermometer until the oil registers 350°. Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and thinly slice them crosswise into thin rounds with a vegetable peeler. Rinse under cold running water and pat dry.
4.Fry the sweet potatoes in 5 or 6 batches, turning frequently with tongs, until crisp, about 3 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels.
You'll also love
- Guacamole & Sweet Potato Chips 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Potato Chip Casserole 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach-&-Artichoke Stuffed... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bennigan’s Potato Skins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Cheesesteak Burgers with... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Auntie Ime's Fa’alifu taro... 3.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Chorizo Sausage... 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken Baked in Foil with Sweet... 4/5 (6 Votes)