Beef Cheesesteak Burgers with Pickled Peppers, Onions, and Cucumber
Craving a Philly Cheesesteak? But longing for a burger? This is the recipe for you! Cheeseburger with Pepper, Onion and Cucumber topping.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper rings
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper rings
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper rings
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices reduced-fat colby-Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Bring vinegar, 1/2 cup water, and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Place bell peppers, cucumber, onion, and 2 tablespoons dill in a large bowl; pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetables. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and discard liquid.
Combine remaining 1 tablespoon dill, beef, salt, and pepper. Shape beef mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn patties over; cook 2 1/2 minutes. Top patties with cheese; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Spread mayonnaise over bottom halves of buns. Top with patties. Divide vegetable mixture over patties; top with top halves of buns.
You'll also love
- Cooking Prime Rib in a Convection... 3.6/5 (81 Votes)
- A Cake for Autumn: Courgette,... 3.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Egyptian Tomato Soup 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Onion-Braised Beef Brisket -... 3.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Portugese Bifes De Cebolada, Beef... 3.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Shanghai Cucumbers 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with Cucumber... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)