Sweet Potato and Chorizo Sausage Bites
2016 Southern Living Recipe
- 1 pound fresh Mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. pre-shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chilled mashed roasted sweet potato
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons plum jam or scuppernong jelly
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Stir together sausage, baking mix, cheese, mashed sweet potato, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Roll into 48 (1 1/2-inch) balls, and place about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until sausage balls are cooked through and deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Stir together jelly and mustard in a small bowl until well blended. (If your jelly is too stiff to blend, microwave mixture at HIGH in 15-second increments until soft enough to stir.) Serve with sausage balls.
Sausage balls can be frozen on baking sheet and transferred to ziplock plastic freezer bags for storage. Bake from frozen. (You may need to add 1 or 2 minutes to baking time.)
You'll also love
- Paula Deen's Tangy Lemon Meringue... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Duck Soup (Mock Czarnina) 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Velvet Cake with Cream... 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Bread Machine ~ Sundried Tomato... 3.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Summer Kale Salad (Whole Foods) 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Grilled Sausage Ring With Parsley... 3.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Jimmy Dean Sausage Cheese Balls 3.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Baked in Foil with Sweet... 4/5 (6 Votes)