Vegan Spinach Dip
If you're on a vegan diet this spinach dip is for you. If you're not a vegan, this dip is still for you. Great tastes don't discriminate!
- 16 ounces organic spinach, frozen and thawed
- 3 cloves garlic and or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or more lemon juice)
- 1 cup 'quick-soaked' raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw parsley
- 1 cup raw arugula
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Vegenaise Spread or drizzle of EVOO, optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Sprinkle Vegan White Cheese (Daiya)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Thaw your spinach. I do this quickly by soaking bag in warm water.
Quick-soak your cashews in hot salted water - for about 20 minutes. This will soften them a bit to ease the blending process.
Add all your ingredients (not beans or cheese) to a food processor. Blend until smooth. You can then pulse in the beans (if adding). If adding additional cheese, fold that into the dip. Do a taste test and adjust seasoning to suit your preferences.
Pour spinach dip into a heat-safe serving dish. Top with a sprinkle of cheese (this is optional, cheese-free is perfectly delicious too). If you are in a hurry you can use the microwave "heat and serve" version. Otherwise, I recommend the slow bake/broil version as described above.
Heat/broil in oven as described above and remove to cool for a minute. Serve warm with veggie sticks, bread squares and rice crackers.
You'll also love
- Honey Dipping Sauce & Zesty Garlic... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Poached Salmon 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Cranberry Margaritas 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Aunt Isabelle's N'awlins'... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Spinach & Ricotta Cheese Crepe 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Crispy Quinoa Peanut Butter Balls 4.1/5 (15 Votes)