Spinach Dip (a.k.a. J Alexanders)
This rich and creamy dish makes the perfect party dip. Serve hot or cold, with tortilla chips or toast!
- 1 (5-ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, finely chopped then cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 fine diced onion
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilis
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 (32-ounce) package (1 pound) Velveeta Mexican Cheese
- 1 1/2 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Add olive oil to saucepan and cook spinach over high heat until wilted as directed on package. Set aside.
In medium saucepan, heat butter, add onion. Cook until clear. Add flour, stirring constantly until a roux forms. Add spinach and green chilis. Cook and stir until well mixed. Add cream and cook until it boils. Reduce heat and gradually add cream cheese and velveeta cheese until melted. Stir in salt, pepper, cilantro, and sugar.
Serve right away with chips.
You'll also love
- Fried Mashed Potato Sticks 4.5/5 (126 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (129 Votes)
- Christmas Style Pretzel M&M Hugs 4.3/5 (145 Votes)
- Candied Pecans 4.3/5 (145 Votes)
- Cowboy Corn Dip 3.8/5 (248 Votes)
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (112 Votes)
- Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato,... 4.4/5 (106 Votes)
- Cheesy Baked Dip 4.5/5 (100 Votes)