Caramel, chocolate and coconut? Yep! Now you can have the favorite flavors any time of year, not just Girl Scout Cookie time with these Samoa brownies.
- 1 box brownie mix, with ingredient needed to make brownies
- 3 1/2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 (14-ounce) packages caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 540mins
Prepare brownie mix according to box directions and cool.
Preheat oven to 400°F and place coconut on baking pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir coconut and cook for another 2-3 minutes until toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
In a large, microwaveable bowl, add unwrapped caramels, salt, and milk and cook on high for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally (about every 45-60 seconds). Cook until all caramels are melted and smooth.
Add coconut and mix together. Spread over cooled brownies.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave, drizzle over the coconut layer.
Refrigerate 4 to 5 hours, or overnight. Remove at least 1 hour from the fridge before cutting.
Remove the brownies about 20 to 30 minutes before serving, so the caramel will soften just a bit.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Tomato Pie 3.9/5 (522 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (298 Votes)
- Heaven In A Crockpot 4.5/5 (285 Votes)
- Blueberry Biscuits 3.9/5 (360 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Pasta 4.3/5 (335 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Texas Sheetcake aka The Pioneer... 4.2/5 (310 Votes)
- Melon Mojito Salsa 4.5/5 (216 Votes)