Ina Garten’s Outrageous Brownies
Chewy, chocolatey and delicious. You'll never make brownies from a box again. These brownies are easy to make on a whim, with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen,
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 pound plus 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped walnuts, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from ohsweetbasil.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease a 12 x 18 x 1-inch baking sheet.
Melt butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water, or in a double broiler. Slightly cool the chocolate mixture.
In a large bowl, gently stir the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar together until well mixed. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
In another medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt. add the dry ingredients to the cooled chocolate mixture.
Toss the walnuts and 12 ounces of chocolate chips in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup of flour, then add them to the chocolate batter.
Pour everything into the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, then rap the baking sheet against the oven shelf to force the air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Bake for about 15 more minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Do not over bake! Allow cooling thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut into 20 large squares
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Ham & Potato Soup -... 4.2/5 (128 Votes)
- Lazy Man's Lobster Casserole 3.8/5 (176 Votes)
- Snickerdoodles 4.4/5 (100 Votes)
- Slutty Brownies 4.4/5 (96 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Brownie Pizza 4.3/5 (111 Votes)
- Triple-Layer Pretzel Brownies 4.4/5 (82 Votes)
- Weight Watcher Hot Fudge Cake 4.2/5 (81 Votes)