Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake
Buttery pound cake with a caramel drizzle, sweeeeet! This is the recipe for your favorite person with a sweet tooth.
- CARAMEL DRIZZLE:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) bag toffee bits
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk, sweetened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 100mins
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
Beat the butter until creamy. Add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat until just combined. Stir in toffee bits and pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 75 to 85 minutes.
TIP: Cover the top with foil to prevent excess browning is necessary. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. spoon caramel drizzle over cooled cake.
In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk and brown sugar; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes, whisking frequently. Remove from heat; whisk in butter and vanilla. Let cool for 5 minutes before using.
NOTE: Make sure you drizzle the caramel while it’s still hot. When cooled the caramel does somewhat harden.
You'll also love
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with... 4.4/5 (212 Votes)
- Granny’s Cocoa Cream Pie 3.8/5 (681 Votes)
- Reeses Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Baked Chicken 4.1/5 (330 Votes)
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake 4/5 (325 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)
- Saltine Toffee 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Cookies and Cream Cake 4.2/5 (111 Votes)