Gluten Free Oat Flour Carrot Cake Muffins
Looking for a quick bread for gluten-free and nut-free diets? These carrot muffins made with oat flour are so good, they could be served as dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups oats, ground into flour, or 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia extract (use more for a sweeter muffin)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or homemade buttermilk (add 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to a measuring cup, then add enough milk to equal 1/3 cup.)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from oatmealwithafork.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Mix together the ingredients for your buttermilk, if making your own.
Mix oat flour, baking powder, salt, stevia, and spices.
In a separate bowl, mix egg, oil, honey or maple syrup, vanilla and buttermilk.
Mix the dry ingredients together with the wet ingredients until moistened. Fold in the carrots and raisins.
Using paper muffin cups or a well-oiled muffin pan, fill seven cups about ¾ of the way full.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and serve!
You'll also love
- HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN NOODLE BOWLS 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon Deviled Eggs 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Spinach, Mushroom and Feta Roll Ups 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Avocado Cream 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Quinoa, Zucchini, & Leek Curried... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Carrot Top Pesto 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Herb & Garlic Cornbread 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pamelas Gluten Free Bagels 4/5 (11 Votes)