Hawaiian Beef Curry Stew
Curry powder gives this classic beef stew recipe a Hawaiian flavor and this dish is perfect for cold days when you want to fill your home with comforting aromas. Filled with nutritious and hearty ingredients, this dish is sure to become a family favorite in no time. Serve with your favorite, freshly-baked bread to sop up all that scrumptious sauce.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup very cold water
- 1 teaspoon sesame or peanut oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from youtube.com
In a pot over high heat, brown meat on all sides. Cover with water and add bouillon cubes.
Cook curry powder in 1 teaspoons sesame or peanut oil to get rid of the raw taste and add it to the meat. Cook covered for 1 1/2 hours.
Add vegetables and cook until potatoes and carrots are tender. After stew is cooked, mix flour, and cold water well, using wire whisk to remove all lumps, and stir it into stew. Cook, stirring constantly, until stew thickens. Serve over steamed rice.
IN A SLOW-COOKER:
Mix all ingredients together except flour in large crockpot. Cook on high 4 to 6 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours. After stew is cooked, mix together flour and water as directed above, stir into stew, and cook on high heat, stirring constantly, for 5 or 10 minutes, or until thickened.
You'll also love
- Beer Bread & Creamy Herb Dip 3.9/5 (40 Votes)
- Tamale Pie 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Rachael Ray's Muffin Tin Eggs n... 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Eggnog Ice Cream 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Olallieberry Pie & The Barefoot... 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Air Fried Panko Chicken 3.8/5 (40 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy... 3.9/5 (79 Votes)