Tomato Artichoke Appetizers
Looking for a great appetizer? Try this award winning recipe for tomatoes and artichokes with parmesan. Everyone will be very happy you did!
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon onion juice, if desired
- 1 jar (7.5-ounce) marinated artichokes, chopped
- 30 thin slices from 4 to 5 plum (Roma) tomatoes
- Parsley sprigs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 400°F.
Grease or spray cookie sheet. In medium bowl, stir together biscuit mix and boiling water; beat vigorously 20 strokes. On work surface generously sprinkled with biscuit mix, gently roll dough to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
Roll out dough 1/8 inch. Cut with 2 inch round cutter dipped in biscuit mix. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onion; mix well. Spread each round with 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture. Top with slightly less than 1 teaspoon artichokes and another 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture. Place 1 slice tomato on each round, and top with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture.
Bake 10 to 12 mins or until golden brown and puffy. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Whipped Yogurt with Pineapple and... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Black Rice and Broccoli with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Coriander Chicken with Chickpeas... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Tomato-Thyme Shortbreads with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Curried Tomato Soup with Fragrant... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Slab Pie 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan Chocolate Vanilla Cream... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Granola Bars 4.3/5 (9 Votes)