Beer Bread & Creamy Herb Dip
Fresh-from-the-oven beer bread and cool, creamy herb dip create a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. Use mild dried or pungent fresh herbs.
- BEER BREAD:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer (I used Sam Adams Winter Lager)
- 2 tablespoons honey, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- HERB DIP:
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Fresh or dried dill, to taste
- Fresh or dried parsley, to taste
- Fresh or dried chives, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from flavorsbyfour.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. and spray a 9x5-inch bread pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Add beer and honey. Using a wooden spoon, mix the beer and the honey into the dry ingredients.
Continue mixing until you have a sticky batter. Place it in the bottom of the prepared bread pan.
Melt margarine in the microwave on a low setting and pour it over the top of the dough. You can use a pastry brush to spread it out over top of the bread.
Bake 60 minutes until the top becomes crusty and golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean.
Cool 5 minutes or completely, slice and serve with Creamy Herb Dip
While the bread is baking you can make the dip.
In a mixer bowl with the paddle attachment combine softened cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise. Add herbs, mixing well and tasting between additions until you get the flavor you want. Set aside until the bread is done.
You'll also love
- Olallieberry Pie & The Barefoot... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy... 3.9/5 (126 Votes)
- Tuna Poke 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Deep Fried Buffalo Chicken Skewers 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Rosemary-Scented Dinner Rolls 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana Raisin Muffins 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chickpea Dip with Italian Parsley... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- High Altitude Zucchini Bread 3.8/5 (37 Votes)