Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan, thyme, oregano and basil.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet, Sticky, and Spicy Chicken 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Asian Orange Chicken Thighs with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Ranch Chicken Strips 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Paleo Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Bake 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Chicken, Broccoli, Sun Dried... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)