Coffee Roasted Almond + Toasted Coconut Dark Chocolate Bark
Coffee Roasted Almond + Toasted Coconut Dark Chocolate Bark is easily adapted to your taste. If you love sweet and savory, sprinkling a little sea salt right at the end of the process works great!
- 1 1/2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup fresh ground coffee beans
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 16 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Flaked sea salt, for topping
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
Pour the almonds onto the baking sheet. Roast, the almonds halfway through, until the almonds are fragrant, about 10 to 12 minutes. Watch closely to make sure they don’t burn.
In the meantime mix together the coffee grounds, cocoa powder and salt. Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla to a small bowl.
When the almonds are done roasting add the pistachios to the baking sheet. Toss the nuts with the coconut oil and then toss them with the coffee. Toss well making sure the coffee grounds evenly coat the almonds and pistachios. It will seem like a lot of coffee, but this is what you want!
Roast the almonds + pistachios until the coffee is fragrant and the almonds are starting to become crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper.
Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring until melted.
Pour 3/4 (leaving about 1/4 of the chocolate for drizzling over top the nuts) of the melted chocolate on to the prepared baking sheet that has been lined with wax or parchment paper and spread the chocolate out to form a rectangle, be careful not to make it too thin. Immediately sprinkle on half of the toasted coconut, then sprinkle on the almonds and pistachios, leaving out most of the coffee grounds. If desired, sprinkle the bark with a few tablespoons of the coffee grounds that were left on the baking sheet (I probably used about 1/4 cup). Add the remaining toasted coconut and then drizzle the remaining melted chocolate overtop of everything.
Sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Peel off parchment, and break bark into pieces.
You'll also love
- Cod with Mushrooms, Garlic &... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Dessert - Peach Cobbler w/Quinoa 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Holiday Fondue Recipes from The... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Crustless Broccoli... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cream Cheese & Avocado Fried... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Paleo Raw Chocolate Coconut... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)