Butternut Squash Soup
A velvety smooth soup comprised of wholesome seasonal produce. Apples, carrots, and maple syrup give sweetness, and cinnamon and nutmeg spice.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, preferably organic, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, preferably organic, peeled and diced 1-inch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sweet apple, preferably organic, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup apple cider, preferably organic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Melt butter and olive oil in a dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add in the chopped carrots and butternut squash, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add in the chopped apple, vegetable stock, and apple cider. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook, covered, until the vegetables are fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
Purée using an immersion blender, or in batches using a blender or food processor. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Farm-Fresh Corn Salad 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Easy Crockpot Potato Soup 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Wild Blueberry and Lemon Meringue... 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Irish Jello Shots 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, & Black... 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Christmas Rum Cake 4.4/5 (72 Votes)
- Cowboy Cornbread 3.9/5 (170 Votes)