Christmas Rum Cake
This cake is loaded with rum! The glaze is so sweet and buttery, and the cake is so moist, you'll want to eat the whole thing!
- 1 (18-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup water, cold
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup rum, dark or light
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Brown sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups rum, dark or light
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. If desired, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar over the nuts.
Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter into pan over nuts. Smooth out ’til the top is even. Bake for 1 hour, or a little less if the pan is black. Do not over-bake!
While cake has ten minutes to go, make the glaze. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn off flame and pour in rum. Stir to combine and reheat for 30 seconds.
Remove cake from oven. Immediately drizzle 1/3 of the glaze on the bottom (top) of the cake. Allow to sit for five minutes. Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Prick surface a hundred times with a fork (gently, please.) Slowly drizzle remaining rum glaze all over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Cool to room temperature before serving to ensure glaze has soaked in.
Eat. Enjoy. And don’t feel guilty. It’s Christmas time!
You'll also love
- Cowboy Cornbread 4/5 (112 Votes)
- Mud Slide Jello Shots 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Weight Watcher Hot Fudge Cake 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- BBQ Pulled Pork in a Pressure... 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Creepy Dirt Cups 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Fluffy Eggnog & Vanilla Bean... 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Sugared Pecans 4.2/5 (75 Votes)
- Banana Tres Leches Dessert 4.5/5 (52 Votes)