Buffalo Chicken Noodle Casserole
We took the classic flavors of Buffalo wings - hot sauce, blue cheese, carrots, and celery - and created a finger-licking-good casserole.
- 12 ounce(s) whole-wheat elbow noodles 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 stalk(s) celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes 1/3 cup(s) cornstarch
- 4 cup(s) low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 5 tablespoon(s) hot sauce, preferably Frank's RedHot 3/4 cup(s) (about 4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Bring a Dutch oven of water to a boil. Cook noodles until barely tender, about 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
3. Heat oil in the pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink on the outside, 5 to 7 minutes. Whisk cornstarch and milk in a medium bowl; add to the pot along with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often, until bubbling and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in hot sauce.
4. Spread the noodles in a 9-by-13-inch (or similar 3-quart) baking dish. Top with the chicken mixture; sprinkle with blue cheese.
You'll also love
- Chicken Thigh and Fennel Sausage... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Boneless Chicken Breast 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple-Honey Chicken 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken and Stovetop Stuffing... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ranch Chicken Enchilada Caserole 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Cilantro Sauce 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)