Tortilla Chicken Casserole
A delicious casserole fashioned off of the great flavors and ingredients you'd find in a chicken tortilla. One of my favorites!
- 8 multigrain flour tortillas
- 3 cups chicken, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 19 ounces black beans
- 14 ounces canned corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup jalapeno monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
Adapted from thefoodieandthefamily.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Spray a casserole dish large enough to fit tortillas. Heat olive oil in sautéing pan; sauté onion and red pepper for 5 minutes, until softened. Mix in chili powder, remove from heat, stir in black beans and corn.
In a medium bowl, mix salsa and sour cream. Layer tortilla, salsa mixture, chicken, tortilla, vegetables, cheeses. Repeat 4 times, or until you reach the top of the casserole.
*NOTE: Stop layering once you reach the top of your casserole dish and top with cheese*
Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly and browning. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and cut into 12 pie shaped wedges.
You'll also love
- Long John Silver's Fish Batter 4/5 (348 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Top-Rated Mac... 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Baked Crispy Cheddar Chicken 4.1/5 (213 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Texas Caviar 4.2/5 (139 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mexican Chicken 4.4/5 (108 Votes)
- Easiest Ever Chicken and Dumplings 3.8/5 (228 Votes)