Gorgonzola & Toasted Walnut Spread
Walnuts give this Gorgonzola cheese bread a nice crunch and flavor. Serve with cracker, apple or pear slices.
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted*
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- French bread slices
- Apple and pear slices
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Reserve 1 tablespoon of the Gorgonzola cheese for garnish. In food processor, place cream cheese, remaining Gorgonzola cheese, half-and-half and pepper. Cover and process just until blended.
Reserve 1 tablespoon of the walnuts for garnish. Stir remaining walnuts into cheese mixture. Spoon into shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle with reserved Gorgonzola cheese, walnuts and the parsley. Serve with bread slices and apple slices.
Here's a delicious spread you can make up to 3 days ahead of time. Store covered in the refrigerator.
*To toast walnuts, bake uncovered in an un-greased shallow pan at 350°F for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Pea Pesto 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Rice Casserole 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Smoked Gouda-Chorizo Jalapeño... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Mint Oreo Cookie... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Snacks 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Schnecken (Sticky German Cinnamon... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Galaxy Donuts 4.3/5 (61 Votes)