Black-eyed peas plus flavorful salsa equals Texas Caviar! Scoop up this cilantro- and lime-flavored appetizer with tortilla chips and red pepper wedges.
- 1 (14-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup store-bought fresh black bean and corn salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
Good served with light tortilla scoops or red bell pepper wedges.
You'll also love
- Outback Kookaburra Wings 3.8/5 (171 Votes)
- No Bake Energy Balls 4.5/5 (107 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mexican Chicken 4.5/5 (98 Votes)
- Chicken & White Bean Chili 4.4/5 (88 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Cups 4.4/5 (87 Votes)
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Wrap 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Cowboy Corn Dip 3.9/5 (123 Votes)
- Chicken Wings with Tomatoes 4.5/5 (61 Votes)