Ceviche is basically citrus marinated and cooked seafood. The citric acid in the fruit juice causes the proteins in the seafood to become denatured, essentially cooking it without any heat. The mango in this ceviche adds a pleasant sweetness to this dish. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice along with deep fried tortillas and enjoy!
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- Juice of 4 to 6 limes, or enough to marinade the fish
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 270mins
Adapted from fionalikesfood.com
Dice the tilapia and trim the connective muscle off of the scallops.
Put the seafood in a dish with the serrano chilies and cover with lime juice. Put mixture in the fridge for 2-4 hours, or until the seafood is opaque.
Once cooked, drain the seafood and mix together with tomatoes, onion, mango, avocado and cilantro.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and deep fried tortillas.
You'll also love
- Lemon Berry Muffins with Quinoa... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Irish Lamb & Turnip Stew 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- *Raspberry Chia Seed Jam for... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab and Horseradish Dip 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Low-fat Chocolate Chip Banana... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Walnut Crusted Scallops 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Appetizer: Ike's Vietnamese Fish... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- The Obsessivore’s Fruitcake 4.7/5 (7 Votes)