Roasted Chicken Salad with Yellow Bell Pepper & Lemon Slices
If you start with an already roasted chicken this salad literally comes together in minutes. A perfect recipe for a quick and summery light dinner or lunch.
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups skinless roast chicken, shredded
- 2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 7 oz parmigiano-reggiano, cut into 1/8-inch-thick shards
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh marjoram leaves
- salt & pepper, as needed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Using a sharp paring knife, trim off top and bottom of lemons. Stand fruit on end and carefully cut the peel and white pith from flesh, following curve of fruit from top to bottom. Trim away any remaining pith. Cut each section away from membranes, cutting as close to membranes as you can. If there are very large cut the fruit pieces in half crosswise and place them in a large bowl.
To the bowl, add shredded chicken, bell peppers and cheese. Add oil, marjoram leaves and 1 teaspoon salt; toss to combine. Season to taste with black pepper and more salt if desired.
You'll also love
- Pork and Slaw Sandwiches 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Raw Vegan Apple Crumble 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Asian Burger with Savoy Cabbage 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Cherry Chipotle Duck Breast Skewers 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Mash 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Burgers with Sweet and Spicy Bell... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- ROMANO CHICKEN WITH LEMON GARLIC... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Red and Green Bell Pepper Bites 4.6/5 (18 Votes)