Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Vegetables
227 calories; 7 g fat ( 1 g sat , 4 g mono ); 174 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 4 g fiber; 514 mg sodium; 670 mg potassium.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1.Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
2.Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
You'll also love
- Apricot Sour Cream Scones 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Positively The Best Potato Salad... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Roasted Green Beans with... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Crab Cakes - Grandpop Tony 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Asian Salmon Bowl with Lime Drizzle 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic... 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Mushroom, Kale Pizza with Roasted... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)