Asian Salmon Bowl with Lime Drizzle
These simple rice bowls with salmon, sautéed spinach, and black sesame seeds make for a perfect weeknight dinner or power-packed lunch. Filled with the zesty flavors of red pepper flakes, soy sauce, garlic, and pure maple syrup, this recipe is that scrumptious sweet and salty meal that you're whole family will crave.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Heat oven to 400°F. Cook rice as directed on package. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic and pepper flakes until garlic is lightly golden, 1 minute. Add syrup, juice and soy sauce; cook until bubbling, 3 minutes. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 teaspoon water; stir into garlic glaze. Cook until slightly thick, 1 minute.
Arrange fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread 1 teaspoon glaze over each fillet. Roast until just cooked through, 12 minutes.
In a medium skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add half of spinach; sauté until just wilted. Remove from pan; set aside. Repeat with second package spinach. Divide rice among 4 bowls; top each with 1/4 spinach and 1 salmon fillet, broken into large pieces. Drizzle with remaining sauce; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic... 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Big Martha's Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- EASY SKILLET APPLE PIE 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Best Ever Strawberry Spinach Salad 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Kale Salad with Meyer Lemon... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon Bars 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Easter Mini Cheesecakes 4.8/5 (11 Votes)