Lemon Cake Batter Truffles
Have you heard of Cake Batter Truffles? They're made using cake mix (from a box) and a few other ingredients. They're incredibly moist and tender . . .a lot like a traditional chocolate truffle in texture. Here's the best part . . . there's no baking involved, just mixing and refrigerating. This Lemon version of Cake Batter Truffles is awesome. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup lemon cake mix, dry
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- 16 ounces white dipping chocolate
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from simplysuzannes.blogspot.com
Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Add lemon zest. Blend in vanilla. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
Add 1 Tablespoon of milk or more, if needed, to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand.
Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
While dough balls are chilling, melt almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir between intervals. Using a fork, dip truffles into almond bark and shake of excess bark by tapping the bottom of the fork on the side of your bowl. Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
Chill cake batter truffles in the refrigerator until serving.
You'll also love
- Sunny Anderson's Easy Salad with... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Clam Chowder with Baked Garlic... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Jerk Pork Wraps with Lime Mayo 5/5 (4 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CAKE WITH 7-MINUTE... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Luscious Lemon Pound Cake 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Pea and Ham Dip 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemony Greek Yogurt Cheesecake 4.4/5 (46 Votes)