Baked Sticky General Tso's Chicken Wings
- 24 chicken wings with skin (approx 3 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger (sounds like a lot, its amazing)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Japanese sweet rice wine, looks like THIS found in the Asian section of any grocery store (may substitute dry sherry)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha/Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Top baking sheet with baking rack/oven proof cooling rack and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix Rub ingredients together. Add half of the Rub to a large freezer bag. Add half of the wings and shake until coated evenly. Line wings on prepared baking rack so they are not touching. Add remaining Rub ingredients and wings to freezer bag and repeat.
Bake on upper middle rack for 45-50 minutes or until golden. Move oven rack approximately 6-8" from broiler and broil to desired crispiness, watching closely so wings don't burn. Flip chicken wings over and broil the other side until crispy.
In a medium bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients (not Caramel Sauce). Set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons water and 1/2 cup sugar to large skillet and boil over medium heat for 1 minute - don't overcook or it will harden! Add reserved sauce and simmer the sauce until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Remove the sauce from the heat and allow to cool down slightly. Add cooked chicken to a large bowl and add sauce. Toss until evenly coated with a spatula. There will be a little extra sauce which is amazing on rice. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Chicken Curry Shredded with Naan 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Wraps 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Southern Italian Cream Cake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Thighs 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Crack Dip Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Korean Spicy Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (19 Votes)