Chicken Curry Shredded with Naan
This is a delicious, true Indian Curry base Recipe. A couple small alterations have been made to make it even better!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (smoked would be fine, too, if you want that slight smokiness)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (Breasts or thighs)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (maybe a little more here if you want extra sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Naan, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high.
Add the onions, garlic and ginger; sauté for a minute or two, until fragrant.
Add the garam masala, sweet paprika, and cinnamon stick. Toss to combine.
Add the shredded chicken and toss to coat.
Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock and coconut milk. Partially cover and reduce the heat the medium-low. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Taste after 30 minutes.
Add the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with the Naan and extra lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- All-American Oven "Fried"... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Wraps 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Griddle Cakes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken & Potato Chowder 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Korean Spicy Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Kaju Curry 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Nadan Kozhi Curry - Kerala Style... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)