Korean Spicy Chicken Wings
- 1 1 1 lb chicken wings (sectioned)
- 1/3 1/3 1/3 cup potatoes or 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 2 2 tablespoons fine ground red chili pepper
- 2 2 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 2 2 tablespoons sugar (or honey, or corn syrup)
- 1 1 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or wine)
- 4 4 4 cloves peeled garlic
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 inch peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 2 2 tablespoons korean red pepper paste (gochujang)
- to as needed to obtain a thin paste
- To Garnish
- 1 1 1 spring onion
- 1 1 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Adapted from google.com
Rinse the wings in cold water, then lightly salt and pepper them. Let stand about 10 to 15 minutes. Place wings in a large bowl and pour the milk over them, then place in refrigerator for about one hour, turning three to four times.
For the Stir Fry Sauce: Place the ginger and garlic into a blender with just enough water to liquefy the mix. Pour into a small mixing bowl and add all other sauce ingredient & mix well. Finely chop the green/spring onion and set aside.
Chicken Wings: Discard the milk and let wing section drain until just damp. Heat oil in a large cooking pot. (350ºF or use the bread test) Roll wings in starch and deep fry until golden brown then drain.
Transfer the chicken to a large stir fry pan or wok over medium to medium high heat, add the sauce, and stir fry until all liquid is gone.
Place onto a serving tray and garnish with the green onion and sesame seed.
You'll also love
- Korean Stir Fry Udon & Chicken 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Korean Chicken Wrap 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Vegan Sausage Patties 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Greek Grilled Chicken... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Hot Spicy Crab Dip 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Applebee's Chicken Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Pickled Quail Eggs 3.9/5 (79 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Tamarind Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)