Pressure Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs
You have to try this quick and easy Pressure Cooker Thai Chicken Thighs recipe! Fork tender boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a luscious Thai peanut sauce cooked in the pressure cooker in a fraction of the time it takes to cook in the slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 tablespoona canola oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, trimmed (about 8)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons freeze dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Green onions, chopped for garnish, optional
Adapted from pressurecookingtoday.com
Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pressure cooker pot, select browning. When oil is hot, brown the meat in small batches, do not crowd the pot. Set the browned chicken on a platter.
When all the chicken is browned, add chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, cilantro, lime juice, red pepper and ginger. Stir to combine.
Add the browned chicken to the pot, along with any juices that have collected on the platter. Cover pot and lock lid in place.
Select High Pressure and 9 minutes cook time. It will take about 10 minutes to reach high pressure.
After 9 minutes cook time, turn off pressure cooker and use a quick pressure release. Remove chicken thighs from the pot leaving the sauce.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. After sauce thickens, add chicken thighs and coat with the sauce.
Serve garnished with chopped peanuts and green onions.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker BBQ Meatballs Recipe 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Korean Spicy Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Vegan Sausage Patties 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Greek Grilled Chicken... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Tamarind Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken with Lime,... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic-Basil Chicken with... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Pesto Chicken Kebab 4.4/5 (10 Votes)