Basil Bruschetta With Goat Cheese
Delicious, healthy appetizers that everyone will love! This bruschetta recipe has fresh roasted red pepper on top of a creamy basil goat cheese mixture. These Basil Bruschetta With Goat Cheese are the perfect way to start any dinner party or holiday party filled with hungry friends and family.
- BASIC BRUSCHETTA:
- 1 (5-ounce) package soft goat cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil divided
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet Vidalia onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Bertolli's spray light olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large baguette sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 garlic clove split
- spray olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Combine the cheese, 2 tablespoons of basil, onion, garlic and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. This can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Serve at room temperature.
Heat the grill or broiler. Cut the sides off the pepper in 4 slabs. Place them skin-side down on the grill or skin-side up beneath the broiler until blackened, about 5 minutes. Wrap in foil. When just cool enough to handle, remove the skins. Cut into strips to fit bread rounds and toss with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and the vinegar. This can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Before using, bring to room temperature. Toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons of basil.
For the Basic Bruschetta: Heat a charcoal or gas grill or stove-top grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill one side of the bread until light grill marks appear, 2 to 4 minutes. Or Lightly spray bread rounds with olive oil. Then broil at 450°F until lightly golden. Lightly rub the grilled surface with the garlic. Place the bread on a plate and drizzle each slice with 1 teaspoon of oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Spread the goat cheese mixture on the warm bruschetta, dividing evenly. Top with the roasted red bell peppers. Salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls 3.9/5 (255 Votes)
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches 4.2/5 (133 Votes)
- Mini Pizza Tacos 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Jeweled Grape Terrine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Pears and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stew... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paleo Mongolian Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paleo Coconut Panna Cotta with... 0/5 (0 Votes)