To-Die-For Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies
To-Die-For Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies are just as good as the real thing! Make these for your next office party or share them with the kids, so that everyone can indulge without completely destroying that healthy kick. Treat yourself to the flavors of rich vegan dark chocolate without all the guilt that overly processed foods and overly sugared foods entail.
- 15 prunes
- 1 banana, cut into pieces
- 2 organic, pastured eggs
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained, BPA-free
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup unrefined red palm oil or organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Navitas Naturals brand raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life brand vegan dark chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 37mins
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with oil.
Place a small sauce pan on the stovetop, add the prunes and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and cook prunes for 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and let prunes sit in the water for 5 minutes. Drain water and set prunes aside.
To a high-speed blender, add the softened prunes, banana, eggs, beans, pure vanilla extract, coconut palm sugar and oil; process on high for 1 full minute, or until ingredients are well blended. Add in the cacao powder and brown rice flour; process until smooth and creamy. Add the chocolate chips and process for about 30 seconds, until they somewhat break apart.
Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean. Remove brownies from oven and set aside to cool before cutting. Note: Brownies taste best when slightly warm.
You'll also love
- Penne Pasta & Broccoli Bagna Cauda 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Snack Mix 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Waffles 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry & Fig Balsamic Jam 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Banana Split Martini 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Jack Frost Martini 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon Quark Cream Cake 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Layered Peppermint Bark 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe