Penne Pasta & Broccoli Bagna Cauda
Penne pasta is taken to the next level with this Bagna Cauda sauce. Don't worry, you don't really taste the anchovies but they add important flavors to the sauce.
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked in salted water, drained
- 2 large broccoli florets, cut into small florets
- 1 can anchovies, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese for topping, freshly shaved or grated
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from spicedpeachblog.com
Steam the broccoli florets about ten minutes, until tender.
Bagna Cauda sauce:
In a large saute pan add olive oil and butter warming through. On very low temperature, stir in garlic and chopped anchovies cooking until anchovies melt into the oil. Add in red pepper flakes then the fresh chopped parsley, stirring after each addition.
In a large bowl combine together the penne pasta and broccoli then pour over the Bagna Cauda sauce stirring well to incorporate. Return the pasta dish back into the large saute pan continually stirring and mixing the pasta dish for two to three minutes to heat through and blend flavors together. Stir in the salt and pepper. Top pasta dish with fresh shaved or grated Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Gratin Dauphinois (Potatoes Au... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Creamy Garbanzo Bean... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Beef Ravioli Recipe: An Easy... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Stir-Fry Beef and Broccoli 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli and Kale Soup 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Penne Pasta With Spinach and... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)