Strawberry & Fig Balsamic Jam
With fresh figs being in season now, we fig-ure that one of the best ways to utilise this delicious fruit is to make a luscious jam. Paired with strawberries, the jam is decadently rich and gooey with the fig seeds adding texture and crunch—a perfect mainstay for any breakfast table. We simply dig having this awesome spread with ice cream, but knock yourselves out pairing with just about anything you fancy.
- 200 g Figs
- 200 g Strawberries
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 - 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
Adapted from cookism.tumblr.com
1. Cut figs and strawberries into small chunks.
2. Combine figs, strawberries and sugar in a saucepan.
3.Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Add in balsamic vinegar to taste. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the mixture is reduced and coats the back of a spoon.
4. Transfer jam into a sterilised jar, allowing it to cool completely. Seal and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Banana Split Martini 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Sticky date pudding with Wicked... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chia Berry Smoothie Recipe 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Gooseberry Smoothie Recipe 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Bob Evans Strawberry Bread KopyKat 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Fig, Pancetta, & Goat Cheese... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Fig Honey Yogurt Smoothie Recipe 4.7/5 (12 Votes)