Layered Peppermint Bark
Layered peppermint bark is an easy Christmas candy that's also perfect for gift giving. Just cover with cellophane and add a pretty bow!
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12-ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract, divided
- 4 standard size peppermint candy canes, crushed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Place the candy canes in a ziptop plastic bag. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, crush the canes, leaving a few larger pieces. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
Very lightly spray or butter a 13x9 shallow rimmed baking sheet. (Lightly wipe away any excess with a paper towel.) Set aside.
Melt the semisweet chips with 1 teaspoon oil in a heavy 1-qt. non-stick saucepan over medium-low/medium heat, stirring constantly until just barely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract. Immediately pour it into the prepared pan, spreading out evenly. Refrigerate or put in the freezer while you melt the white chips.
I washed and used the same saucepan to melt the white chips in the same manner as above (with 1 teaspoon oil until barely melted and smooth; then removed from heat and stirred in 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract).
Very quickly, pour the warm white mixture over the chocolate layer in the pan, spreading evenly and being careful to not disturb the bottom layer.
Sprinkle top immediately with the crushed candy, pressing it lightly into the white chocolate. Place in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened.
Twist the pan slightly to unset the bottom. Using a sharp knife tip along one edge of the bark, lift the whole sheet of bark out of the pan then break into uneven pieces.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Apple Cinnamon Cobbler Cakes 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Good Old American Hamburgers 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Cherry Yum Yum 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy Easter Hard Boiled Eggs 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Chocolate-Nut Rugelach 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Eggnog Cookies 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Holiday Toffee Bars 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Spiced Cashew Brittle & Chocolate... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)