Asian Orange Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower Rice
Try this delicious Asian Orange Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower Rice for dinner.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (not toasted)
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds total), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- finely shredded orange peel (optional)
Adapted from thedailymeal.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. In a very large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the hot oil; cook about 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Transfer the chicken to the prepared dish, arranging in a single layer. Drain and discard the drippings from the skillet.
In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, cold water, and cornstarch; add to the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; pour the sauce over the chicken thighs in the dish.
Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until chicken is done (175 degrees F).
Meanwhile, place the cauliflower in a large food processor. Cover and pulse several times until the cauliflower is evenly chopped into rice-size pieces.
Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the cauliflower, salt, and pepper. Cook the cauliflower, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes, until you begin to see caramelized flecks throughout. If desired, sprinkle cauliflower with cilantro and orange peel and serve with chicken thighs.
You'll also love
- Paleo Raw Chocolate Coconut... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Popcorn Balls 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cauliflower Pasta with Pecorino,... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Roast Beef with Oven-Roasted... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Rigatoni with Spinach,... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY-BANANA TRIFLE 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Braised Chicken with Lemon and... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)