Tasty Cornflake-Crusted Baked Chicken
Instead of using flour, create a crunchy breading for your chicken with cornflakes. This baked chicken recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken drumsticks
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. In a large bowl, mix cornflakes with oil, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Working with one piece at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing flakes to help them adhere. Transfer coated pieces to a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
You'll also love
- Lightened Up - Crustless Cottage... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken and Mayocoba Bean... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Shallots and... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Adobo 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Sticky Garlic Chicken and Broccoli 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Clinton Kelly's Chicken Francese 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Peach-Glazed Grilled Chicken 4.4/5 (22 Votes)